Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Lances shipped, muskets on the way!

This is the third time I've tried to post this. Computers piss me off sometimes.

Lunch break.

Leftovers and chocolate milk. Chocolate mile is part of every balanced meal. If you don't balance it well, you will spill it on your keyboard.

I got the lances shipped to Scott H yesterday. It took three sword boxes telescoped into each other to make up a box 10" square and 9 feet long. This is considered "oversized 3" by UPS and even though it weighed just over 30 lbs, it cost a whopping $138 to ship. It would have been the same for one lance as for seven, which is why I never put them up for sale on my website.

I also recieved word that the antique muskets have cleared customs. Several phone calls later, the process of shipping them here from the South Boston Freight Terminal was begun. They should be picked up today and delivered tomorrow.

This morning also brought an excited phone call from my buying agent in Rajasthan. He found a cache of 19th century British Cavalry swords for sale. I don't want to send him any cash until the trucking situation is all squared away in case there are any hidden costs. I may have to give the driver cash. Hopefully he will still be able to scoop the swords at the end of the week. They are in some palace somewhere over there.

OK, lances gone, muskets in motion, and chocolate milk finished. My goal is to get three Long Lands shipped this afternoon, so it's back to work for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home