Monday, April 09, 2007

Freddie is home!

Freddie the cat came home from the hospital today after spending 5 days there with a bad urinary tract infection. Poor little guy. We are really happy with the service from our vet. They really care there, and treat both the animals and owners with respect.

Freddie and I worked out a deal. I was willing to front the money for his vet bill in exchange for his mouse hunting services. He now owes me a LOT of mouse pelts.

In addition to mouse patrol, his other main job is to sit on my lap and help me answer email. He's pretty good at it.

The ironic thing is that the humans in this family don't go to the doctor much. The last time I was treated by a doctor (as opposed to my own folk remedy stuff) was in 2002 when I nearly lost my leg to an infection after an axe accident. By contrast, Buster the dog gets at least a check-up every year when he gets his rabies shot that is required to have a dog license.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home