Saturday, April 11, 2009

Tax time means time to clean my desk

April 15th looms ahead. This means I had better buckle down and finish my taxes. To do that, I need to locate all of the 2008 bank statements. To locate the ones from the fall of 2008, I had to do a quick archaelogical dig on my desk.

Yeah, my desk is that bad.

How bad? You can tell how old a document is by how many inches down the pile it is, like the strata in any other "dig".

Cleaning my desk means finding neat stuff.

I found:

-two partial rolls of paper towels

-an unopened bag of yogurt covered blueberries (a trail mix goodie)

-a partial bag of trail mix

-a pocket knife that had been missing for some time

-a BATF approved Form 1, which gives us the go-ahead to build an NFA item, in this case a suppressed carbine

-a few books that I had been wondering where I left them

-my 2nd, 3rd, and 5th grade class photos (don't remember why they were on my desk)

-a feather from a guinea hen and a feather from a wild turkey

-two basically new inch-thick notebooks

Most of the excavated treasures were put into my chair so they will need to be dealt with before I sat down to a "normal" desk occupancy, the papers needed for tax preparation I brought up to Wendy's office to work on. Up there I can't get as distracted and will stick with the job until it is done.

Next week at this time it will all be done, and hopefully I'll have my chair at least half emptied.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hate it when I find receipts that I could have used for the previous year because I overlooked them..I try to have a dedicated place to put my reciepts, too many times I was too clever for my own good and put something in a "safe place" only to forget where I put it when I needed it, only to find it after I bought another one some time later.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home