Saturday, December 01, 2007

Found a Turismo...but do I still need one?

The other night I was working late, trying to sort out the paper wreakage that covers my desk. I was listening to Napster through my headphones, it was the '80s rock I like. Something made me do a google search for my midlife crisis car: a replacement for my Turismo that I had when I was 20.

I've mentioned it here before, you can read about it here.

This one is on ebay, it's an 83 instead of an 81, but the body is th same. it isn't the TC3 version of it, but it's probably as close as I'll get. The problem is that it is in Kansas, some 1400 miles away. Bidding is only a few hundred bucks at the moment, but the last few minutes of an auction usually are the busiest.

I didn't bid on it. I'm not sure what that means. It may mean that I've somehow made my peace with my old Plymouth. It may mean that I've just admitted defeat to age. It may just be that I'm too busy and tired to entertain any flights of fancy.

Too much to ponder, for now I'm going to divide up nealry 300 pounds of pork that is sitting on my deck, waiting to be cut up and put in the freezer (we butchered two pigs this week). Sometimes work take precedence over dreams, even dreams about your favorite car.

Maybe tonight I'll upload a picture of my old Plymouth if I can find one. Pictures don't do it justice, you'd have had to have driven it (or at least clung to the passenger seat for dear life as I drove it LOL)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home