Saturday, September 10, 2005

Sexism or self-importance?

Certain little things piss me off.

One that really bugs me is when guys call to ask a question and talk to Wendy. For instance, "are they shooters?" (I won't even begin to rant about how that question is on the FAQ page-not right now anyway, I'm sure I'll rant about it soon)

The guy will ask Wendy, who will tell them yes. She can't quote load data to them, but can tell them that the barrels are made of D.O.M. steel with a threaded breechplug and that yes, they ARE shooters. The conversation will go on and on, with the caller trying to impress her with their alleged knowledge of muzzleloaders until she will confess that she doesn't know much about guns. Then the guy will call back and ask for me, only to ask the same exact questions. (yes, the ones on the FAQ page...but I digress)

Do guys do this because of sexism? Since Wendy is a woman, she obviously can't answer a simple question like "are they shooters?" right?

Or do certain guys do this because they just want another chance to try and show off how knowledgeable they think they are? It is been my experience that people who tell you how smart or important they are generally are neither.

I don't know, maybe it's both. Either way it pisses me off that these guys have so little respect for Wendy that they don't believe her answers to their questions and feel the need to ask them of me as well.

Wendy won't lie. If she doesn't know an answer, she will say so, she won't just make something up.

Recently there was another guy who insisted on talking to me becasue Wendy told him that a particular item was out of stock and he figured that I could look around and find him one. He also thought I could cut him a better deal!

Wendy handles the inventory records. I stay out of it because I'd mess them up. If she says it's out of stock, IT IS! She also handles ALL of the invoices and money stuff.

Guys: it's her you have to be nice to, not me!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home