Saturday, June 18, 2005

Almost ready for Ticonderoga!

It's Saturday morning, so we have four days left to get ready for Ticonderoga's F&I weekend. Chris and Jeff have been working hard to get all available inventory prepped and inspected so we can take it with us.

I have removed the bad wheel bearing from the trailer and ordered a new hub for it, which will be here on Monday.

Wendy, Caleigh and I will be leaving on Wednesday to get the store set up at Ti at a leisurely pace. We have promised everyone else that they wouldn't have to answer the phones while we are away, so I'm sure we will come back to a ton of voicemail.

Faye (who makes our hammerstalls) has agreed to take care of the ducks and chickens in addition to her regular work, but we are going to kennel Buster the dog. I think it is unreasonable to ask an employee to walk your dog, especially a dog this strong. He's got a lot of pulling power and has broken several ropes as well as the d-ring on his collar. I had to weld up a heavy-duty d-ring out of round stock to tie him outside.

Chris will probably finish up the prototype ranger gun on Monday, so it should be dry in time to bring with us to show. The biggest problem I see for the event is that I don't think the incoming shipment of guns is going to make it here in time to bring with us. If it doesn't, that means we will have to show samples and take orders for most muskets, but will have most pistols available for immediate delivery.

Last year, the order placed for Ti arrived the day before we left, so I was unpacking crates in the back of the tent as we needed them. Venting was done with a cordless drill and tuning was done with a Dremel tool plugged in outside the men's room under the loghouse. I wasn't looking forward to doing that again.

I think it will still be a fun event because people will be able to see the new models and we'll get to meet people in person that we've only met online or on the phone. Ti is never a bad time anyway. I just hate to tell people that they will have to wait for delivery.

Before we leave, we still have to build a predator-proof brooder for the guineas. They have wing feathers now and are trying to fly out of their box. I also need to build a more secure duck pen. The way I deal with ducks now is to round them up at dusk and put them into a wire-front hutch for the night. If I am not able to get a better pen built, we could realistically keep them in the hutch for the weekend because they will have enough room, but they will really miss their kiddie pool.

I have a list of tasks to perform before we leave, after i write this I'm supposed to take my list to Wendy so we can compile a single list between mine and hers and prioritize them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home