Monday, September 12, 2005

Wendy's birthday & my old truck

Today is Wendy's birthday. (well look at the time, after midnight alreay, I guess YESTERDAY was Wendy's birthday) It was very low-key this year, with just a cake for the three of us. Sometimes you feel like having a birthday party, sometimes you don't.

I spent part of today working on my old truck. It's ugly, but it runs. The problem is, it no longer stops...

We blew a brake line last week, so Saturday I replaced a couple of funky old lines. It's a 1988 Chevy, and sometimes you have to "make" parts fit. I spent longer than I care to think about as a mechanic doing field repairs on a fleet of aging school busses, so I am no stranger to making things fit.

While I was in mechanic mode today, I gave the chassis a once-over and found a few other issues that need attention before winter. caleigh and I repacked the front wheel bearings and discovered a bad ball joint. There is also some rot that needs to be dealt with if I ever want to get an inspection sticker for it. Learning about Bondo will no doubt be fun for Caleigh, sort of like Pla-Doh for trucks.

Like I said, it's ugly, but it runs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home