Friday, November 04, 2005

It's official, I live in NH

Today's mail brought my permanent NH driver's license. The state is apparently a little paranoid about people applying for NH drivers licenses but staying, so there is a waiting period of six months before you are actually considered a citizen. In the meantime you are issued a temporary license.

The downside to that is that until you get the permanent one, you are considered a non-resident and you therefore have to buy NON-resident hunting and fishing licenses (at a much higher rate).

There are lots of funny little things about NH, and the waiting period to be a citizen is only one of them. In the end, it's all worth it.

The ironic part is that we actually moved here in July of last year, I just never got around to transferring my license. If I had been on the ball, I could have been a citizen since January!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home