Monday, March 13, 2006

Busy day for scammers

Sometimes I get them in dribs and drabs, other times I get them in big bunches.

It's just after 2PM, and already today I've gotten 6 Nigeria scam "offers" in my inbox. Amazing.

Just heard of another scam that is a problem to anyone who sells stuff online, especially ebay. There is a person or group of folks in South Carolina who are printing out fake Western Union money orders. By the time they are discovered, the stuff you sold them on ebay has already been resold by them. Because of jurisdiction issues, it's hard to do anything about it since technically the crime happened in SC, and all of the victims are in other states. The article I read said there are potentially thousands of victims at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home