Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fun with scammers

For the past week I have been playing games with a Nigeria scammer. I get probably half a dozen Nigerian scams in my inbox every day, and sometimes the mood will strike me to mess with them for laughs.

This one is from Nigeria and claims to represent Zenith Bank where a distant relative of mine who died has $12.5 million dollars in an unclaimed account there.

The scammer wants my name, phone number and address so he can send me the ATM card to access the $12.5 million. I've been screwing with him, telling him that I am afraid of identity theft and that he should give me the info that they have on file about me so I can confirm it.

Then I asked him if the phone number he has listed on his email (no address) is in France, because it looks French. The guy's email address has an African name in it, but the "banker" claims to be "John Maxwell". I told him that with a French area code and a French sounding name like Maxwell (hahaha), he must be located in Paris! And here I am with the equally French name of Plunkett (LOL), so my ancestors were probably from France too, so that money MUST be mine, right?

I wonder how long I can string this guy along?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home