Sunday, October 16, 2005

Busy day today, for the whole week ahead

Too much to do over the next week. More than is humanly possible.

I gotta get the rest of this shipment of guns packed and shipped.

I gotta go to Massachusetts and bring back the Mighty Dodge and my Jeep before Friday.

I gotta get the home repairs as outlined by our new insurance company done by Friday.

Don't know how we'll do it, but we always do.

The Jeep needs an engine. I bought it brand new in 1987, the only new car I've ever owned, and probably the only one I ever will. I blew the engine a few years back and started to tear it down in my spare time. The problem is that I have no spare time. I recently found out I can get a rebuilt one for $1300 and have my Jeep back on the road, but I have to put the old one together again as a core.

The van, aka "The Mighty Dodge" aka "The Cool Bus" is parked in front of it. It's a 1988 Dodge 3/4 ton 8-passenger van. Yellow, with the words "COOL BUS" on the hood. It's a character all on it's own. 380,000+ miles. Being a Dodge though, it's got terminal body rot and is destined to be a shed to store feed in.

Both of these will be flat towed behind the Suburban, so that means two trips down to Mass.

The insurance repairs are relatively minor: I need to replace a windowsill and doorjamb that have some rot on them from being wet, I have to stake down Caleigh's swingset, I need to get fire extinguishers inspected, and what seems to be the biggest project is to put some stairs at the back door from our living quarters upstairs.

Instead of stairs, the plan is to build a bridge of sorts from the bedroom door straight across to the woods. This will make for some funky landscape design and will give us direct access to the trails that start behind the house. It will also allow me to bring firewood straight into the house with a cart instead of schlepping it up the stairs.

Can it all be done by Friday? I don't know, but we'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home