Saturday, October 15, 2005

No, we don't ship to Lagos, Nigeria

Since I went online with my new computer in March of this year, I recieved 162 Nigeria scam offers. I'm not sure how many I had recieved on the old computer, I put them in a file but haven't turned it on in a while.

They crack me up. Do a google search on "Nigeria Scams" if you don't know what these are. What amazes me is that there are so many of them. If they didn't work, the scammers wouldn't waste their time doing it. The really sad part is that people must actually fall for them. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

The victims get no sympathy from me for the most part. There are a few scams that seem like an offer from a widow to help out your church, but those are pretty rare. All of the others involve tapping into people's greed because if the scams were real, they are asking the "victim" to be co-conspiritors in international money laundering.

I like to read some of them though, they are pretty funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home