Friday, May 02, 2014

Mother goose is a little confused

So we have this goose. She was part of a mating pair of Toulouse geese, but a bobcat killed the male. Now she just lays unfertilized eggs.

Because of various complicated food allregies that affect different household members, I'm pretty much the only person here eating chicken eggs at this point, so when the chickens started laying their eggs in a nest, I figured I'd let them pile up and see which hen sat on them so we could have some spring chickens. The chicken eggs ARE fertile since we have a rooster.

What I didn't count on was Momma Goose deciding to sit on the chicken eggs.

I have no idea how this scenario is going to end.


2 Comments:

Blogger Randy in Arizona said...

So what happened?
Inquiring minds want to know!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I would like to know what the outcome of the chickens being raised by the confused Mother Goose as well.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home