Tuesday, February 16, 2021

We no longer accept mailed in checks

 This morning I disabled the "send cheque" option in our online store. All online orders from now on will be via credit card using our website.

Of course in person, we still accept cash, checks, traded items, PMs, and whatever...after all, this is a "trading company", but keeping track of who actually sent in a check vs who just placed an order with a promise to send a check is just one more archaic practice that uses up too much of my time and it is stopping right now.

Don't trust credit cards on the internet? Would rather send a check? Sorry. Time to join the 21st century. I don't like change either and still have an 8-track player, but keeping track of checks that people mailed or not is just an extra pain in the ass that I just don't need.

Besides, our shopping cart program seems to have been written in England and seeing the word "cheque" instead of "check" sorta irks me. We won both wars with the people who write "cheque", so I see no point in adopting their misspelled language.

Almost half of my ancestors left that place when the chance to come colonize New England arose in the early 1600s, why the hell would I use the weird language that they left behind ON PURPOSE 400 years ago?

OK, sometimes when the mood strikes me, I'll drive on the wrong side of the road like they do, but it is just for fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home